As I said before that I’ll be back with next DIY look. Soo, I’m here with my 2 look. Nowdayd I am kind of addicted to Dungarees. I feel they are comfartable, fashionable n cerntainly ‘a must ‘, specially the cotton ones. We all would have many old men’s shirt of our Father/brother/spouse in our cupboards Right? Today I’ll be sharing super easy DIY, dungaree which you can easily make without paying any heavy price. They cost you almost nothing and is super easy to make.
Follow the steps to know how you can make the same:
1. Cut off the sleeves of the shirt. Pull up the collar. Turn the shirt inside out. From the shoulder seam make a point 12 inches below it. Do the same on the other side.
2. Place your own shirt on the top of it. Make sure the shoulder and the center of the two match.
Usin the shirt as your guide. Draw a line 0.5 inch apart to give shape to your dungree. Go all the way till the bottom of the shirt. You can increase the measurement depending on how fiitted or loose you want.
3. Now mark a point in the center which in 1 inch below the first collar button. From the center point mark the two points at either side which are at 5 inch apart from the center.
From the points you draw line inwards which are 2 inch long. Now join both ends with a curve line. This is the neck of dungaree. You can see in the picture.
4. Now join the ends together. And if your shirt has a pocket, make sure your line passes outside its corner and not through it. Basic outline of front of the Dungaree is ready.
Now draw dotted line all around the outline leaving a margin of 1 inch and cut the dotted line.
5. Pin the both layer so that they dont get displaced. Take it over, locate button and use these to mark the center. Mark a point of 5 inch below the top of the center. Now mark 2 inch lone lines on either sides. Join the lines same as you have done in front. Picture below will help you understand. Draw a dotted lines leaving 1 inch margin.Now cut the dotted line make sure only cut back layer.
6. Now stitch below the line where we mark 12 inch. Stitch below this mark and not above it.
Apply fabric glue on the flap and fold the flap. Repeat this with all the flaps.
7. For the strap, take the sleeves, one sleeve will make one strap. Cut out rectangular piece about 5 inch, fold into half and stitch.
8. Wear the Dungaree and decided upon the length of the straps. Stitch accordingly from back and secure with Tich-button from front.
Soo, isn’t dat easy?I have paired it with my blacktop from @gingerlifestyle and sneekers. Let’s start your new look and post them. Show the world you can do it yourself because fashion is about looking glamorous and being trendy and not only about wearing high end brands.
Be innovative Be creative and be fashionable always.
All d best to you guys. Love us n keep updated for new post